Pentagon is considered to be a mathematical figure in which there will be five sides and five angles. The Pentagon is considered to be one of the most commonly available types of polygons in which the sum of the interior angles of the regular pentagon will be 540°.
In the world of mathematics and geometry, people will be studying different kinds of two-dimensional shapes which is the main reason that every shape will be made up of straight lines and interior angles which will be formally known as the concept of the polygon. The polygon can be perfectly categorised into different examples for example triangle will be of three sides, a hexagon will be of six sides, often will be of eight sites and Pentagon will be of five sites.
The Pentagon is the polygon that will be having five sides and five angles and this will be made up of different kinds of words which will be making sure that there will be five angles all the time. Every side of the Pentagon shape will be meeting with each other end to end to form a comprehensive shape. The number of sides of the Pentagon will be five.
Like any other kind of shape, it is also a polygon that will be having five sides and five angles and depending upon the vertices, angles and sides it can be categorised into main categories which are explained as follows:
- Regular and irregular Pentagon: If the Pentagon will be regular then all the sides will be equal in terms of length and every one of the five angles will be of equal measure. On the other hand in the cases of an irregular pentagon, there will be no equal length side and there will be no angle measure of an equal system in the whole process. The regular pentagon will be having five congruent sides as well.
- Concave and convex pentagon: If all the vertices of the Pentagon are pointing outwards then it will be known as a convex pentagon and if the Pentagon will be having at least one vertex pointing inside then it will be known as a concave pentagon.
Following are the basic properties of the shape of pentagon about which every kid should have a clear-cut idea:
- In the case of pentagon shape, the sum of the interior angles will be equal to 540°
- If all the sides are equal and all the angles of equal measure then it will be known as a regular pentagon otherwise it will be known as a regular pentagon
- In the cases of regular pentagon, every angle will be measuring 108° and every exterior angle will be measuring 72°
- The equilateral pentagon will be having five equal sides
- The sum of the interior angles of the regular pentagon will be 540°
At the time of calculating the area of the Pentagon people need to be clear about a comprehensive formula which has been explained as:
5/2 into side length into apothem square units
The people need to be clear about this particular aspect so that there is no problem at any point in time and the perimeter of the Pentagon can be perfectly described as five into a measure of side units. People can also term it as the circumference of the Pentagon but being clear about the basic formulations is very much important in the whole process so that there is no problem at any point in time. Apart from this people also need to be clear about the equilateral Pentagon and cyclic pentagon as well so that there is no issue at any point in time. Further depending upon platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that everybody will be having a good command over the other geometry shapes like octagon, triangle and several other kinds of things. Hence, this is the best possible way of scoring well in the maths exam.