Making a trash can drink is one of the best ways to share happiness with a large number of people, or simply to enjoy a pick-me-up for hot summer days. It is a quick, cool, and perfect drink for any gatherings. Please keep scrolling down my article about“how to make a trash can drink-some useful tips for you”to cool yourself down under this intense summer heat.
How To Make A Trash Can Drink? – Useful Tips For You
As you all know, a trash can drink is a mixture of various types of liquid, fruit, and ice in a large container, such as a garbage can. The final beverage has a very strong and tempting taste.
There are two common methods of preparing a trash can drink that you can try as follows.
Method 1: Making a Basic Trash Can Bunch
Step 1-Mix the drinks ahead of time
You may find a heavily filled trash can too hard to move. Therefore, it will be more convenient to prepare the fruit at the party in advance and store it in available plastic bags.
Step 2-Clean the trash can with dish soap and warm water
Don’t hesitate to use a brand-new trash can. Make sure to rinse your trash can carefully and use a cloth to dry it properly.
Remember that your trash can should be big enough to hold at least 2 gallons of liquid and other components.
Step 3-Pour the alcohol into the trash can
For your information, it needs about two bottles of 26.5 ounces each. If you don’t have Everclear, then it’s fine to use other types like tequila, rum, Red Bull® energy drink, Triple Sec, or gin.
Step 4-Add the vodka
Add about two 26.5 ounce bottles of vodka. You could also experiment with your favorite fruity flavored vodkas, such as orange, grape, or apple.
Step 5-Add the Fruit Punch into the can
You can certainly try any fruit that you enjoy, including Hawaiian or other different types of fruit punch. It needs a total of about 1.13 fruit punch per gallon.
Step 6-Wash fruits carefully with cool water
Be aware that the fruit will be served with the drink, peels and all. Thus, it must be guaranteed to be fresh, clean, and safe for everyone to consume.
Step 7-Slice the fruit, and add them to the trash can
To tell you the truth, some people may prefer a few pieces of fruit in their glasses, so be sure to cut them evenly. Add all the pieces into the trash can.
Step 8-Stir all ingredients with a giant spoon
By doing this, all the different alcohols and fruit juices can mix well together.
Step 9-Leave the mixture to sit for about an hour
This is a reasonable time for the fruit flavors to release into the liquid. The longer the punch sits, the tastier it will become.
Step 10-Add ice cubes just before you begin the party
The needed amount is approximately 7 pounds of ice. You don’t need to add the ice so early to make sure it won’t melt or dilute the flavor.
Step 11-Serve the punch with a long ladle
As many guests would be happy to pick fruit pieces to their liking, you have to consider keeping some toothpicks available nearby.
Method 2: Trying Variations
Here I would like to introduce you other seven typical ways to make a trash can drink in brief as follows:
- 1- Make a simple Trash Can Drink with basic ingredients, for those who don’t want to invest much time and effort
- 2- Replace the fruit punch with other sorts of juice
- 3- Use other types of fruit, such as limes, apricots, or peaches
- 4- Use a variety of alcohol if you can’t get access to fresh fruit
- 5- Make an extra chilly Trash Can Punch using frozen juices
- 6- Try an Irish Trash Can Drink recipe
- 7- Make a Jungle Juice punch instead
Now let’s explore the recipe for your wonderful Irish trash can drink
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce light rum
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- 1 can Red Bull® energy drink
- Make a highball glass filled with ice cubes
- Pour all the liquor ingredients in and stir well
- Open the Red Bull, place it upside down on top of the ice. Insert a straw and serve
- Always use a new trash can and clean it well
- Use fresh fruits. Opt for a portion of 3 parts fruit punch, 2 parts alcohol, and 1 part fruit
- No added sugar since the juice consists of sugar already.
- Chopped fruit will make the drink more colorful, flavorful, and attractive
- Prepare some toothpicks for the guests to pick delicious fruit slices out of their cups
Please prepare the ingredients thoroughly, consume with caution, and don’t drive.
In A Nutshell
By adding appropriate proportions of all ingredients, you can immediately produce wonderful trash can drinks to serve for many different purposes.
Trash can drinks are all about fun, sharing, and entertainment. Hopefully, with the above article about “how to make a trash can drink-some useful tips for you”, you will find the perfect recipe for your group of friends.
Thanks for reading!