Since the birth of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service, it has supported Adobe users a lot. However, besides the benefits, it also brings users many discomforts like reported error messages. In this article, we will give you more insight into this service and how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in detail! Scroll down to read!
What Is Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service?
For all Adobe‘s users, the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is useful software. It was created to assure the integrity of Adobe, which means preventing other pirated versions that often include viruses or other malware. In other words, this service will disable pirated software that has no link to the original Adobe, and warn users of the harm.
However, this service still has a limitation that worries many Adobe users As the time comes, Adobe users might see many pop-up messages of the piracy warning, although you are using the legitimate copy of this software. To solve this issue, you either have to check whether you are owning an old version of Adobe, or even disable the service. For the second option, please move to the next part with the question “how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service?”.
How To Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
So how to solve this problemwhen it is integrated as a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud account? It will require users a bit of effort to do. Let’s check further!
For Windows 10
If you are using windows 10, then choose one of the following methods:
Using Windows Services
- Step 1: Write in the searching box the word “services”!
- Step 2: On the Service window, choose the “Standard” button at the bottom
- Step 3: Find wanted program before pressing on the right mouse button, and choose the “Properties” option
- Step 4: Change to “Disabled” type
- Step 5: Press on the button “Ok” to apply the change.
As a result, you shall receive a message informing the software has been successfully removed.
Trying Task Manager Option
If you don’t feel convenient using Windows Service to disable this program, you also can try Task Manager as follows:
- Step 1: At the same time, press the “Windows” and “S” buttons for the Search box
- Step 2: Address “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity service” on your opened screen. Next, choose the right mouse button! Then, open the location of the file from the list.
- Step 3: Access the “AdobeGCIClient” folder and put it on another side
- Step 4: Go back to “Task Manager” and choose “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service” again. Choose the “Ending”button to finish the task.
Finally, you only have to remove the folder “AdobeGCIClient” above and complete the process.
Do The Registry Updating
In this part, we are going to tell you how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service by updating the registry.
- Step 1: Start the process with “Start” and choose “Run”! Now, write “Regedit” in the searching box before clicking the “OK” option. As a result, the window of the Registry Editor is now opening in front of you.
- Step 2: Backup your registry and save its copy!
- Step 3: Choose the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows Current Version.
- Step 4: Choose the update manager, then press on the “Delete” button!
- Step 5: Now, turn off then turn on your computer again and recheck the Adobe service.
Many customers have asked us how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service using command processors. Well, it is not as difficult as they think. In case of removing the software by using CMD, check the following steps!
- Step 1: Open the searching box of Windows, next choose the right mouse button to enter the command processor then select work as administrator”!
- Step 2: Write down “sc delete AGSService” on the CMD screen, and choose the return keyboard
- Step 3: Follow the path “C:Program Files(x86)\CommonFiles\AdobeAdobeGCClient” to remove the wanted folder.
For Mac users, it is simpler to disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity service on their devices. The disabling process includes only three steps:
- Step 1: Open “Finder” to access to “Library” folder on your device
- Step 2: Press on the right mouse to choose the “Application Support” then choose “Adobe”!
- Step 3: Select the “AdobeGCCClient” folder and delete it!
The question is how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service via Mac devices permanently? Our answer is you have to delete the “AdobeGCCClient” folder and remove it from the Trashbin as well.
The Bottom Line!
It is undeniable that Adobe suite can bring many conveniences to our modern life. Through this article, we hope Adobe users will know “how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service” when the software doesn’t run smoothly. Try our mentioned methods above, and share with us how they are working on your devices. Good luck!