Mobile phones are almost indispensable in the lives of many people today. While using it, you might encounter the most common problem as the phone’s charging port breaks down. In today’s article, we will help you learn how to charge a phone with a broken charger port properly and how to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
How To Charge A Phone With A Broken Charger Port?
Going to service facilities can be time-consuming and costly. Hence, you can choose to manually repair and charge the battery at home to continue using the phone with a broken input port.
Fix The USB Port Yourself
There are many cases when the contact between the charger foot and the metal surface is lost after a period of use; this error can occur due to constant plugging and unplugging the phone’s input port.
Self-repairing the USB port is the most popular, quickest, and easiest method to apply. Follow these steps to fix the port manually:
- Firstly, you need to use a small iron toothpick or stick with a flashlight to remove dirt on the charger.
- Next, power off your phone and remove the battery for safety.
- The components of the phone’s USB port will stay in the right position.
- Gently lift the charging pin in case the charger deviates from its original position.
- Reinsert the phone battery.
- Finally, plug in the charger to check if the device is working properly.
Rub The Battery
Besides, here is another good method to solve the issue:
- Firstly, you still need to remove the battery from your phone.
- Place the battery between your palms.
- Your hands will feel the friction and generate enough heat for the battery.
- Insert the battery into the phone and plug in the charger to check.
Using Rechargeable “frog” Battery
You can use the “frog” rechargeable battery to replace the previous broken charging cable; this is a versatile charger with a special slot to charge your phone battery directly. In this way, you only need to take the battery and charge it without repairing the input port.
Charge The Battery Directly Through The Anode And Cathode
The last method for your question “how to charge a phone with a broken charger port” is how to charge the battery directly through its cathode and anode. However, it only applies to mobile phones with removable batteries.
You also need to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge about electricity and circuits to ensure safety when repairing.
The steps include:
- Disconnect the phone from the power source.
- Remove the battery from the phone.
- Continue to use the knife or scissors to separate the outer protective rubber cover’s ends, exposing the charging poles’ wires.
- Proceed to clean the electrical circuits and find the positive and negative wires to connect to the proper power source.
- Take two insulated metal wires to clamp to the positive and negative terminals of the battery. Be careful to keep the positive and negative wires separate to avoid shorts.
- Wait a while for the phone to charge.
However, this is only a temporary method. You should only apply it in case of an emergency as it is easy to damage the phone.
Note When Charging The Phone With Broken Charging Port
You can charge your phone in different ways, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Before deciding which of the above methods to apply, you must carefully determine whether the charging port causes the problem. There are many different reasons why your phone is not charging.
- The above ways are an urgent solution and do not bring long-term effectiveness. It is best to go to maintenance facilities and experts for appropriate handling methods.
- Be gentle and careful with components in the phone, as they are very small and easy to damage at any time.
- While using the “frog” battery, you will experience some problems. More specifically, you need to spend money to buy it, and this fee can be higher than the charging port repair fee. You also won’t be able to use the phone before the battery is full.
- The method of charging the battery directly through the electrodes can be dangerous if you wire the wrong cord or choose the wrong power source. It can even damage your phone and make it harder to repair.
Above are the methods to fix broken charging ports that you can easily apply. However, it would be best to take your phone to the phone service center to find the exact cause and fix the problem properly. We hope this article can help you answer all of the questions related to ” How To Charge A Phone With A Broken Charger Port.”