Marble tiles give a stunning and expensive look to the place. They are not only beautiful and comfortable but are also highly customizable and easy to maintain. This article discusses the pros and cons of marble tiles, their primary terms, and some frequently asked questions about them.
So, if you want to gather extensive information about this unique piece of art, stay tuned and keep reading about marble tiles.
Basics of Marble Tiles
- Shopping Malls
- Floor Tiles
- Wall Tiles
- Heat Insulator
Are Marble Tiles Slippery?
A direct response to this question is: Yes, they are slippery. Polishes marble is sometimes very slippery. You can use mats and rugs in your bedrooms or living rooms to prevent slipping.
Polished Marble VS Honed Marble
These are two frequently used terms for marble finishing. Polished marble is made by grinding the marble with a specially designed machine. It adds gloss and is more luxurious looking. You can use this polishing for bedrooms, lounges, and dry areas of the place.
Honed marble, on the other hand, is lightly polished. It has a smooth surface but is not as shiny or slippery. You can use honed marble for comparatively wet areas such as outdoors or bathrooms because they are less slippery and serve the purpose.
Are Marble Tiles Good for Shower Walls?
Yes, marble tiles are good for shower walls. Since walls do not need to have anti-slippery support, therefore, you can use marble tiles there. They also add a shiny look to the entire bathroom.
How to Clean Marble Tiles?
You can use a special marble cleaner, or an old dish cleaner liquid to clean the marble tiles. Make sure you clean your marble tiles at regular intervals of time to avoid any long-lasting stains and grouts. To remove grout between the marble tiles, use the following simple steps:
- Take an old toothbrush.
- Wet it and apply baking soda.
- Scrub it to clean the grout between the marble tiles.
Marble Tiles Advantages and Disadvantages
Described below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of marble floors.
Advantages of Marble Tiles
- Marble tiles look incredibly royal and add a regal look to any place.
- Marble tiles are available in various designs, colors, and art, so you have a variety to choose from.
- ● Marble tiles can bear heavy weights for more elongated periods of time.
- Marble tiles are degradable and environment-friendly.
Disadvantages of Marble Tiles
- Marble tiles can get very cold in the winter season so should preferably be used by people in the hotter regions, not the colder ones.
- They are prone to cracking.
- They require high maintenance and regular cleaning.
- Marble tiles require polishing after particular periods. If not polished properly, they lose their charm.
- Marble tiles are highly prone to acid. Acid can damage marble tiles.
- Marble tiles are slippery, hence avoidable in wet places.