Mexican food is becoming a craze, and you will know this truth when you see what is happening in a Mexican kitchen in Addison. The smell of exotic flavors will make you want some more.
What Are Some of the Best Mexican Foods You Should Try?
The fusion of several ancient techniques in cooking and a mix of pre-Hispanic products, herbs, and spices, with a European touch of ingredients, make Mexican food one of the best that you should not miss. Experience the best of Mexican cooking in these most-loved Mexican foods that you should try in Addison:
If you want to start your day right, grab a dish of chilaquiles, the most popular traditional Mexican breakfast. It is served with lightly fried or baked corn tortillas that are cut into quarters, poured with green or red salsa, then simmered. Some restaurants will give you the option to eat it with pulled chicken and have it garnished with traditional Mexican ingredients like:
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Sliced onion
2. Huevos Rancheros
Another Mexican breakfast you should try is Addison in Huevos Rancheros. It is a delightful breakfast prepared with fried eggs and served on a lightly fried corn tortilla, topped with plenty of warm salsa. It’s a healthy vegetarian meal that can answer any craving for a super hearty protein meal.
3. Machaca (Shredded Dried Beef)
Get a taste of spiced shredded beef that is traditionally dried and rehydrated for a perfect Mexican dish. The juiciness and tenderness of the beef flavored with peppers, onions, and jalapeño make this dish a favorite Mexican food in Addison that you should include in your list of must-tries.
4. Discada (Plow Disc BBQ)
Try this well-loved dish popular in Northern Mexico. It’s a delicious mix of previously cured meats cooked in a plow disc harrowed over some wood. The meats used to prepare this dish include beef flank cut, bacon, ham, sausage, and Mexican chorizo. What makes this dish full of flavor? It is seasoned with several herbs and spices, like thyme, celery, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, black pepper, rosemary, and then splashed with some dark beer.
Who wouldn’t know about the most popular Mexican food: tacos? Make it authentic by eating it with a soft corn tortilla. You can choose any traditional Mexican filling that suits your taste: beef steak, flank steak, chorizo, offal, “al pastor”, or hot and sweet marinated pork.
Authentic Mexican burritos are prepared with flour tortillas containing only one or two of these ingredients: any type of meat or fish, potato, rice, beans, asadero cheese, chile rajas, or Chile Relleno.
What is Mexican Food influenced by?
The first foreign influence on Mexican cuisine was the Spaniards. Spanish conquistadors introduced livestock breeding, which brought about the use of beef, pork, chicken, goat, and sheep meats into Mexican cuisine.
European and Middle Eastern cultures had an influence on Mexican cuisine. But the most popular influence that has had a major impact on how Mexican food is being served in many restaurants across the U.S. today is Tex-Mex.
Facts About Mexican Food
There is more to Mexican food than just famous Mexican dishes. Here are some fun facts that will make you appreciate Mexican food the most:
- Corn tortillas can be bought in different colors: yellow, red, and blue.
- Tortillas, a major component of the Mexican diet, are usually eaten with chicken, beef, eggs, and beans.
- Mexican food has a perfect blend of carbs and proteins.
- There are exotic variations of tacos that are prepared using grasshoppers, worms, and caterpillars.
- Chiles are included in authentic Mexican desserts.
- Quesadillas in Central Mexico are served with beef, chicken, and pork fillings, along with other ingredients. Cheese is not the main ingredient.
- Exotic food can also be found in some Mexican dishes. Iguanas, rattlesnakes, and turtles are the main proteins. They are warmed by river rocks.
- Mexican cuisine is one of the three international cuisines in the world, recognized by UNESCO.
- Mexicans love adding flowers, like pumpkin and yucca flowers, to their soups and stews.
- Meaty cactus is a great alternative to meat and is preferred by some Mexicans in cooking.
- Chili is the most-used cooking ingredient in all types of dishes.
Look for a Mexican kitchen in Addison and discover the great and unique flavors of authentic Mexican foods.