During the installation of Avast antivirus software, there are several browsers installed invisibly. In particular, these programs frequently present security holes that allow hackers to access your files. This post will provide three effective methods to help you deal with the question “How to Uninstall Avast Secure Browser”. Let’s dive into it now!
How to Uninstall Avast Secure Browser – Useful Ways You Can Follow
Manually debugging programs is an easy way to save time and effort while removing compromised programs. Here, we have gathered the following basic guidelines on how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser.
1. Avast Secure Browser can be uninstalled from the Control Panel.
- Step 1. In the Control Panel section in Windows 10, navigate to the Programs and Features tab using one of the methods below:
- Find Programs and Features by pressing WIN+X. You can also right-click the Start menu.
- Select Apps and Features from the Start menu, Settings, System.
- Enter the phrase “Programs & Features” in the Search box.
How to uninstall Avast Secure Browser Via The Control Panel
- Step 2: The available programs on your device will be mentioned there. Look for Avast Secure Browser using the Search or Sort options, then click Uninstall. Don’t forget to confirm, otherwise, you can not delete the application.
- Step 3: Click “Uninstall” and choose “Delete” or “Keep Browsing Data in Uninstaller.” Before proceeding, wait for the operation to complete.
2. Use The Register
- Step 1. Click WIN + R and type “Regedit” to open a command prompt. Since seasoned users often sign up, this combination may be of great help.
- Step 2. Make a registry backup to be secure. You must first go to “File” and then “Export.” Choose a filename and a location for it next. To save it, click the save button.
We suggest that you backup your device files before making any changes to them, whether it’s upgrading, deleting programs, or installing drivers.
- Step 3. The old files and registry entries must now be removed. Remove any remaining Avast components with caution, and double-check the correctness of Secure Browser entries. Use CTRL + F and select “Avast” to open the “Search” button.
- Step 4: In the left menu, choose the found folders, then select “Delete”. After that, press F3 to switch to the next folder. Proceed until you see the message “Search Completed.”
- Step 5. In order to permanently uninstall Avast Secure Browser, delete the obsolete files in C: / ProgramData / AVAST Software. Also, look in the Local and Roaming directories for any unwanted Avast subfolders. You can easily find and delete them in C: / Users / Username / Application Data.
Follow these measures if the ProgramData and AppData directories aren’t visible: Open “File Explorer,” go to the top bar, pick “View,” then “Options,” “Show hidden files, folders, and drivers,” then choose OK.
3. Uninstalling Software
Advanced users often use special add-ons to disable Avast Safe Browser in order to answer the question “How to uninstall Avast Secure Browser”. A variety of resources is available to suit everyone’s preferences, but some may be more common and powerful than others. To uninstall the Avast browser, we’ll show you how to use IObit Uninstaller and CCleaner in this article.
We will start with IObit Uninstaller.
- Select the Avast Secure Browser icon from the Programs tab, then click “Uninstall” in the upper right corner.
- Before hitting Uninstall again, click “Create a restore point” and select “Automatically” delete leftover files if desired in the new window. After that, the standard uninstall will begin, with the registry cleanup and removal of obsolete files running in the background.
- Finally, you can view the uninstalled results, such as free hard drive space, a list of programs, and files deleted.
Now use “CCleaner” to uninstall the Avast browser.
- Start the program, then pick the Uninstall tab from the Tools screen. In the framework drop-down column, right-click a program and select “Uninstall.”
- A regular uninstaller window will be activated. Follow the steps below to disable the Safe Browser. Click “Check for Issues” after scrolling down to the Registry section. A quick search (10 seconds) returns a list of registry entries that are no longer in use. Choose the elements you’d like to troubleshoot, then click “Selected Troubleshooting.”
- As soon as the action is conformed, the software will prompt you to build a restore point (which we suggest you accept), after which you can press “Selected Fix and Close”.
Though Avast Secure Browser brings us privacy and security, it remains some unexpected limitations. However, you will no longer have to worry about How to uninstall Avast Secure Browser as this post has given you a list of simple yet effective ways to deal with it. If you have any difficulties, don’t hesitate to comment below!