Even though you do not have many choices to change your body height, there is always a way to improve it. Check out this post on how to grow taller overnight, and learn more about how everyday routine can bring massive changes to your body height!
What Affects Your Height?
- Bone plates: First of all, bone growth depends on bone plates in a person’s arm and leg bones. As you grow up, the growth plates make new bones, leading to bone development. These bone plates close when a person reaches maturity. Females will end puberty around 13 – 15, and males will end at the age of 15 – 17.
- Human hormones: Besides, human growth is also affected by three hormones: growth hormone, thyroid hormone, and sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone). Each hormone has a different effect on the human body, but the most substantial is the growth hormone.
- Genetics: Genetics also play a part in deciding which height you will get. If your parents are of average height, your height will likely be the same with them. Those with taller or shorter parents will also develop the same way, growing to be their parents’ height.
How To Grow Taller Overnight – The Best Guide For You
We will outline some smart tricks which will help you improve your height physically and mentally. As we mentioned before, most adults’ height does not change much after they’ve passed the age of 21.
Adjust Your Spine
The first step of how to grow taller overnight is to change your posture. Let’s try this simple activity now :
- Stand up and lean your back on the wall.
- Pull your shoulders back, allow them to open.
- Keep your head straight, arms hanging at the side of your body.
- Keep your feet slightly apart, no further than shoulder-width
- Take one deep breath through your nose.
According to researchers, standing straight can change how you view yourself as this “power pose” can enhance your confidence level.
Besides the sitting postures, maintaining a straight back helps prevent future back pains and makes you look more confident.
Paying close attention to what you eat can make significant changes, as a healthy diet can help strengthen your body height. Thus, the next step of how growing taller overnight is paying attention to your everyday diet!
First of all, an ideal diet always includes calcium as it supports the growth of bones. Providing an appropriate amount of calcium to your body can help strengthen your bones and prevent you from osteoporosis.
Besides, providing sufficient protein for your body is also extremely essential as it helps build muscles and bones. Some best sources of high-protein food: Eggs, milk, chicken, soy, nuts, etc.
Besides all those methods, you might want to practice other exercises to provide your body with additional support. More specifically, exercises help maximize the height growth of your body and help stimulate the musculoskeletal system.
It would help if you also tried to make a habit of doing a three-step exercise every day with these three phases: Warm-up, body training, and post-workout stretches. Here are two highly recommended practices:
- Jumping (jumping jacks, jumping squat, etc.)
- Stretch (Cobra Stretch, Sun Salute Stretch, etc.)
Apart from these physical tactics, these extra tricks might be helpful for you on how to grow taller overnight correctly:
- Closet cleanout: Choose clothes that fit your body shape can make a visible difference in your appearance.
- Gait adjustment: Take longer, faster steps can make you look more energetic and confident.
- Presence: Practicing your speech and presence can make you seem taller than how you are. Do you notice that if someone leaves a good impression on you, you’ll see them as more respectable?
Do Growth Pills Actually Work?
When your diet is getting repetitive and strenuous, you may wonder whether to take Vitamin D and Calcium supplement pills. This kind of product, often called “height growth pills,” claims to increase your height.
If you wish to try these “magical” pills out, there are two things to keep in mind:
- If your bones’ growth plates are already closed, supplement pills will be a waste of your money and time. Even if they haven’t closed, the amount of vitamins and minerals provided in the drugs can be included in your daily diet anyway.
- Consult with your medical practitioner before taking these pills; taking more calcium than your body needs can cause constipation and increase the chance of forming kidney stones in adults.
Please do proper research about what you’re going to put into your body, no matter how beneficial they claim to do to your body.
Although growing taller is not an easy task, we assure you that you will soon achieve your goal. Remember to pay attention to your diet and learn the habit of exercise every day and other small tips we mention in this post.
And there we go! A switch in your meals, your routine, and your posture can surprisingly maximize your body height. Write down your goals and start following these steps now, as you’ve learned the secrets of how to grow taller overnight!